Can courses that do not issue a DA FORM1059 be placed on my Evaluation Report (NCOER)? | – Leader Development for Army Professionals

Can courses that do not issue a DA FORM1059 be placed on my Evaluation Report (NCOER)?

Can troop school classes such as Unit Movement Operator Course, Generator Operator Course be placed on the NCOER if a 1059 is not issued?

If the school does not produce a 1059 it can be entered on the NCOER. In addition any actions you took on behalf of an additional duty can be mentioned in your evaluation.  It can also be listed as an appointed duty if you are appointed as a primary or alternative for the unit.


Hope this helps! Did you find this information useful?  We Appreciate your feedback!


Please Read! Help Us Help Others!

If you think this site is useful please tell your peers, subordinates, and superiors.  Also we are always looking for examples, classes, briefings, SOPs, templates and other information we can share for free in the Armsroom.  Please help us help others by sending your ARMS ROOM stuff to:


Show Full Article
posted on 04/17/2015 under Q&A
Mark is a Retired Command Sergeant Major with 26 years of military leadership experience. He held 3 military occupational specialties (Field Artillery, Nuclear Weapons Tech, and Ammunition Ordnance). Mark is one of the leading military authors in the fields of leadership, counseling, and training.

Disclaimer: Though all content posted on is reviewed by our qualified subject matter experts, you should not make decisions based solely on the information contained in this post. Use information from multiple sources when making important professional decisions. This is not an official government website.

You might be interested in…

Leave a Comment

We will never publish or sell your email address, nor will we ever send you information you have not requested.