What do I do when an NCO Declines NCOES? | AskTOP.net – Leader Development for Army Professionals

What do I do when an NCO Declines NCOES?

I have an NCO who declined to go to an NCOES school. What should I do?

Soldiers can decline schooling. Counseling should be conducted IAW AR 600-8-19 para 5-9.

When a Soldier declines promotion consideration or NCOES course selection, the Soldier’s immediate supervisor and the CDR must determine the reason for the declination and provide adequate counseling. This counseling will be acknowledged in the declination statement.

Show Full Article
posted on 03/13/2011 under Q&A
Mark is a Retired Command Sergeant Major with 26 years of military leadership experience. He held 3 military occupational specialties (Field Artillery, Nuclear Weapons Tech, and Ammunition Ordnance). Mark is one of the leading military authors in the fields of leadership, counseling, and training.

Disclaimer: Though all content posted on AskTOP.net is reviewed by our qualified subject matter experts, you should not make decisions based solely on the information contained in this post. Use information from multiple sources when making important professional decisions. This is not an official government website.

You might be interested in…

Leave a Comment

We will never publish or sell your email address, nor will we ever send you information you have not requested.