Who should counsel my Soldier if they are sent to another section? | AskTOP.net – Leader Development for Army Professionals

Who should counsel my Soldier if they are sent to another section?

My Soldier is currently working in another section. Should I still counsel him? Or does that section NCOIC conduct the counseling?

It should be the person overseeing the work, If the Soldier is not coming back to your section the records should be transferred to the new leader.

If he is coming back to your section you might want to consider doing the counseling yourself, if the other leader is not doing it.

It would also be wise to ask the senior leader in charge of you how he/she would like the issue handled.  Then prepare an MFR  include the date/time/information in your MFR.,  stating that the Soldier was reassigned to another section.

Hope this Helps!

Did you find this information useful?  We appreciate your feedback!


Show Full Article
posted on 10/17/2014 under Q&A
Mark is a Retired Command Sergeant Major with 26 years of military leadership experience. He held 3 military occupational specialties (Field Artillery, Nuclear Weapons Tech, and Ammunition Ordnance). Mark is one of the leading military authors in the fields of leadership, counseling, and training.

Disclaimer: Though all content posted on AskTOP.net is reviewed by our qualified subject matter experts, you should not make decisions based solely on the information contained in this post. Use information from multiple sources when making important professional decisions. This is not an official government website.

You might be interested in…

Leave a Comment

We will never publish or sell your email address, nor will we ever send you information you have not requested.